Ingredients in BOLD can be purchased from Grobe Fruit Farm when in season. Please call to see if we have the items available.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 poblano pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 zucchini (8 oz.), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1-2 yellow squash (8 oz.), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 6 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 2 oz. cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- lime wedges
Melt butter in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, poblano, bell pepper, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and cilantro. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes.
Stir in tomato, zucchini, and yellow squash, cook until just tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in corn and cream. Using spatula, pat vegetables into even layer and cook, without stirring, until liquid has evaporated and vegetables are lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to platter and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze on top.