Ingredients (Items in bold can be purchased from Grobe Fruit Farm when in season)
- One 1-pound wheel double-cream Brie cheese
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Center the Brie in a pie plate. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer), beat together the butter, brown sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons water on medium speed until the mixture is paste-like. Add the pecans and beat just until combined. Spread the mixture on top of the Brie; it’ll be roughly 1 inch thick.
- Bake until the Brie looks like its sides are about to give way, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, core and slice the apples into wedges. In a large bowl, toss the wedges with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Service the warm Brie immediately with the apple slices.
Makes 8 to 10 servings