Ingredients (Items in bold can be purchased from Grobe Fruit Farm when in season)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted, plus softened butter for baking dish
- 4 peaches, peeled, halved, and pitted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Position rack in the middle of the oven and turn the broiler to high. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the peach halves cut side down in the dish. Broil until browned in spots, about 3 minutes, watching carefully to keep them from burning, flip the peaches over. Drizzle with the melted butter and the honey and sprinkle with the pepper. Broil until browned and bubbling, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the thyme.
- Scoop ice cream into dessert bowls. Divide the peaches and the pan juices over the ice cream. drizzle with balsamic and serve at once.
Makes 4 servings